Physical therapist Shawn Smith created ARC to address the rigorous demands of the active athlete that our current healthcare model ignores. Through ARC, he has redefined the physical therapy experience for you, helping you be your best in preparation, training and recovery to maximize your potential.
ARC uniquely meets the fitness needs of all athletes — from high performers, to youth, to those seeking a healthier lifestyle. Get training, recovery and rehabilitation services and the expertise of our staff in one place on your terms.
Meet Our Staff
Physical Therapist & ARC Founder
Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and ARC founder has 20 years of experience in orthopedic physical therapy. He grew up in Miami, OK and is a proud Wardog. As an active member of the US Army from 1989-1992, he served in the 7th Light Infantry Division in Fort Ord, CA. Shawn’s passion is to serve those who strive to be their best, summit their desired sport, and seek the glory of the podium.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree from the University of Oklahoma, 1997
- Residency through the Manual Therapy Institute and Fellowship Training at CORE Physical Therapy in Edmond, OK
- Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Kinetacore Dry Needling Level 1
Awards & Certifications
- SFG Level 1 (Strong First Level 1)
- Functional Movement Screen
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- American Physical Therapy Association Emerging Leader Award, 2006
Tyler has worked in inpatient, outpatient and home health settings. He specializes in performance based therapy and fitness for amateur and professional golfers.
- Masters in Physical Therapy from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 2006
- Functional Movement System Certification
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment Certification
- Y Balance Testing Certification
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling Level 1
- Titleist Performance Institute Med Professional Level 2